The experience starts at Carob Farm in Madaba.
Upon arrival you will be greeted by Rakan, your host and farmkeeper. He’ll provide a brief about the farm history and its natural farming philosophy, then take you on a 60-minute guided tour to explore the farm while he explains the various aspects of their farming practices. Along the tour you’ll develop a better understanding of healthy soil and permaculture design—what it takes to harvest rainwater, make compost and produce your own nutritious food in harmony with nature.
A 10-minute drive then takes us to Carob House at the center of Madaba town. This is a 1930 house that has been renovated to host farm-to-table gastronomy experiences. As you’re done exploring the house, you sit around a cozy communal table and enjoy a 5-course meal. Each dish here is original, cooked using locally sourced ingredients, has cultural relevance and tells a story that will be interpreted by your host as you enjoy the rest of the evening.
JD40 / person
*Advance payment required to guarantee your spot
*For booking and payment instructions please contact +962797784433 via Whatsapp.
Saturday 18, 2022 @5:30 PM
– To guarantee your booking, you’d need to pay in advance. This is necessary for us in order to eliminate last minute surprises.
– The maximum capacity of this experience is 15 persons.
– By booking this experience, you’re basically booking your spot out of 15 others – an opportunity for you to meet new people and be part of a larger community!
– The minimum group size to guarantee running this experience on the dates we publish is 4 persons. Meaning, when you request to book your spot we will inform you of the status. If, including your booking, we reach 4 persons, the experience will be guaranteed to run. If less than 4 you will take your booking on a tentative basis and let you know once the number of guaranteed bookings reaches 4.
– If you are part of a group looking to book this experience on a private basis, you can contact us for an offer. The price will vary depending on your group size.
– For booking inquiries you can reach us via Whatsapp +962797784433 or email email@example.com
– Payments can be done via Cliq or bank transfer. Details will be provided at the time of booking.
If you have a guaranteed (paid) booking and would like to cancel, here’s our refund policy:
Cancellations that take place before the experience start time by:
– more than 3 days, will not be charged a cancellation fee (full refund).
– 1 to 3 days, will be charged a 50% cancellation fee (50% refund).
– less than 24 hours, will be charged a 100% cancellation fee (no refund)
Over 17 years of practical experience in the nature-based tourism industry in Jordan and founder of Terhaal Adventures, one of Jordan’s leading adventure tour operators. Has recently taken keen interest in natural farming and is the founder of Carob Farms and Carob House – a holistic grassroot initiative aiming to reimagine the way food is produced and consumed in Jordan. Holder of a BA in Hospitality Business Management from Washington State University, a Higher Diploma in Hotels and Restaurants Administration from Cesar Ritz Colleges in Switzerland, and a Permaculture Design Certification from Jeoff Lawton.
The meeting point is at Carob Farm: Google Maps location
It is a 10-minute drive from Madaba and around 40 minutes drive from Amman.
As you approach the location following Google Maps, you’ll find a Gas station on your right hand side. Make sure you DO NOT PASS THE GAS STATION. Turn right, right next to the gas station. It is an unpaved road.
The next stop is Carob House.
That’s a 10-minute drive from the farm. While following this Google Maps location, mind the following:
The street on which the house is located is a one-way street, but the direction of the traffic on Google Maps is wrong. In order to avoid going on endless loops, switch your navigation options from Driving to Walking , or follow these instructions:
Coming from the farm towards Madaba center you pass the first traffic light and keep going straight through a commercial street. At the next traffic light, keep left. You will spot Madaba City Mall on the opposite corner. Turn left keeping the mall on your right hand side, and then turn right into Princess Zein Bint Al-Hussein Street. Drive for 180 meters and you’ll find Carob house on your right hand side.
Carpooling is always recommended for environmental reasons.
Car parking at the farm is limited to 5 or 6 cars.
Let us know if you are looking to share a ride and you’ll share your contact details with the rest of the people who book.
Carob house is located at the center of town where parking space is naturally limited. There are 4 parking spots in front of the house. In case they’re occupied and you couldn’t find spot nearby, here are your options:
Carob House Signature Salad
Sessional green mix and grapefruit filets served with goat cheese, walnuts and carob molasses dressing
Muhammara Sourdough Toast
Homemade muhammara topped with grilled eggplant and tomato salsa
Pumpkin kubbeh stuffed with sauteed spinach, pine nuts and dried pomegranate seeds, served with pomegranate molasses
Pan fried chicken in carob marination, served with garlic-rosemary coarse bulgur
Carob House Signature Dessert
Homemade carob ice cream served on bakeeleh (wheat/carob molasses/olive oil), topped with roasted Orange and crispy mint leaf
Rosemary Lemonade, Karkadeh, Water